At Fire Mountain Lodge, you are surrounded by Canmore's close-knit small-town alpine atmosphere and the epic grandeur of the Rocky Mountains. Just over an hour away from Calgary International Airport and minutes from Banff National Park, Canmore is your starting point for myriad adventures from the serene to the heart-pounding.
About the Canadian Rockies & Canmore
- The Rocky Mountains touch The Yukon Territory, British Columbia and Alberta
- The highest mountain in the Rockies is Mount Robson in British Colombia (3945 M)
- The Rocky Mountains are 120 million years old
- The tallest mountain in Alberta is Mount Colombia (3747 M)
- The Rocky Mountains were created by the pressure built up from the collision between the Pacific and North America tectonic plates
- The Bow Valley Provincial Park is only 25 km east of Canmore.
- Canmore is home to the year-round Nordic Centre Provincial Park. In the winter visitors enjoy the recently upgraded cross-country ski facilities and in the summer try the mountain bike paths and disc-golf.
- The elevation of Canmore is 1350 meters (4300 feet).